August 13, 2012

Wedding Bells!

Onto the wedding planning. Keep in mind that the fiance was away at A-school. My mom and I had a lot to do in such a short amount of time. After looking at venues and chatting with bakers and florists, we found what we were looking for in each.

The venue:

The Ashton Depot
www.theashtondepot.com
Fort Worth, TX






 We completely fell in love with this space the minute we saw it. I knew the fiance would love it too. Everything would be taken care of by the venue but the cake and flowers. We were going to have a formal seated dinner, valet, and ceremony on site!

The cake:

Confections in Cake
http://www.confectionsincake.com/
Mansfield, TX





Delicious! And so affordable! We were able to get both the wedding cake and the fiance's surprise groom's cake for well under what one fancy Dallas baker wanted just for the wedding cake!





The flowers:

Blooms Forever
www.bloomsforeverevents.com
Arlington, TX




 I was referred to her by a friend and could not have been happier! I told her my vision for the flowers and decor and then gave her my budget and she did an awesome job of giving me exactly what I pictured for what was in our budget for flowers. She even upgraded us when some of the flowers ordered came in wrong. She was so great at creatively solving the problem without me having to worry at all! We were so thrilled when we walked into the venue the day of the wedding! Hard to see, but she surprised me with those incredible elephant ears in my tall arrangements! And she knew I hated roses, so she brought these delicate daisy petals for my isle!

The photography:

Caroline Joy Photography
www.carolinejoy.com
Austin, TX

 Caroline was a friend of mine from college, and was sort of starting out when we got married. She did the most incredible job! She has since moved to Austin, but still travels for work. I SERIOUSLY recommend her. She's just amazing at what she does and has such an awesome eye for DETAILS!

No comments:

Post a Comment